- Sebastian Möller (2017): From Hammersmith to Newham: Austerity, Local Authority Debt & Financial Markets. In: Discover Society (Issue 47, August 2017).
- Sebastian Möller (2017): When Hate Trumps Reason: A Brexit Diary. In: IReflect – Student Journal of International Relations 4(1), pp. 89-92.
- Sebastian Möller (2016): Neue Gespräche – Alte Konflikte: Die Wiederbelebung der EU-Mercosur-Verhandlungen. In: Anja Lenkeit, Johannes Müller Gómez, Anna-Maria Peer (eds.): Lateinamerika und Freihandel. Interessen. Diskurse. Perspektiven. Köln: connosco, pp. 42-53 (with Sebastian Wolff).
- Kerry-Anne Mendoza, Austerity: The Demolition of the Welfare State
and the Rise of the Zombie Economy. In: Political Studies Review
(First published online, 27 October 2017).
- London´s Grenfell Tower Fire and the Financialization of Local Governance. Governace across borders, 04 August 2017.
- Financializing town halls: Local councils, LOBO loans and the derivatives markets. SPERI comment, 26 June 2017.
- Mapping & Understanding the Networked Character of Finance.
Manchester Capitalism: A View From The North, 22 May 2017.
- Finance is Society! Soziopolis, 30 January 2017.
- Interdisziplinäre Perspektiven auf das Finanzwesen.
Soziopolis, 10 November 2016 (with Marcus Wolf).
- Summary: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Global Finance – Young scholars workshop. Socializing Finance, 26. October 2016 (with Marcus Wolf).
- Den Schulden auf der Spur. Soziopolis, 13 April 2016 (with Marcus Wolf).
- Rechtstaatlichkeit muss wehtun” oder: 20 Jahre InIIS.
Soziopolis, 11 March 2016 (with Ulrich Franke, Roy Karadag & Marcus Wolf).
Selected conference paper
- Sebastian Möller (2016): Local Governments & Global Finance: Municipal Engagement in the Derivative Market. Paper prepared for the workshop “Debt trails: Mapping relations of debt and credit from everyday actors to global credit markets”, Budapest, 03/04 March 2016.
- Sebastian Möller (2015): The Financialisation of Local Governance: Municipal Government´s Activities on Financial Markets. Paper presented at the FESSUD annual conference 2015 (“Impacts of Financialisation on Society, Environment and Economy”), Lisbon, 15 October 2015.
- Sebastian Möller & Marcus Wolf (2015): Expertise matters: Public affairs agencies and civil society organizations in European financial regulation. Paper presented at the IAPSS World Congress 2015, London.
Selected Academic Presentations
- The financialization of municipal debt management: How did interest rate derivatives enter city hall (Annual Meeting of the American Association of Geographers, 08 April 2017, Boston)
- When global finance knocks at city hall’s door: Derivatives and municipal debt management (SPERI Seminar, 14 December 2016, University of Sheffield)
- Global finance meets local politics: Derivatives and municipal debt management (CURDS Financialisation and local government workshop, 2 December 2016, University of Newcastle)
- The mayor in the casino(?): Municipal governments engagement in the derivatives market (ECPR General Conference 2016, 09 September 2016, Prague)
- Municipal Debt and the Derivative Market: Interest Rate Swaps As an Emerging Social Relationship Between Local Authorities and Transnational Finance
(3rd ISA Forum of Sociology, 11 July 2016, Vienna)
- Das Engagement von Kommunen auf globalen Derivatemärkten und der Einfluss
transnationaler Finanzdienstleister (DVPW young scholars conference “International Political Economy”, 19 May 2016, Kassel)
- Local governments and global finance: Municipal engagement in the derivatives market (Workshop “Debt trails: Mapping relations of debt and credit from everyday actors to global credit markets”, 04 March 2016, Budapest)
- The financialisation of local governance: Municipal government´s activities
on financial markets (FESSUD annual conference 2015, 15 October 2015, Lisbon)
- Kräfteverschiebung in der globalen Finanzmarktregulierung? Repräsentation der Nicht-OECD-Welt in öffentlichen und privaten Regulierungsarenen
(DVPW Congress, 22 September 2015, Duisburg, with Sebastian Botzem)